For interested individual policymakers, stakeholders and researchers, the McMaster Health Forum is offering regular in-person training workshops twice per year, in April and in October. Each workshop consists of a combination of online instruction and five days of in-person workshop in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Dates for the upcoming workshops are:
Spring: April 24-28, 2017 (registration open until April 7, 2017)
Workshop participants will:
- develop their knowledge about tools and resources available to help health system policymakers and stakeholders in order to support their use of research evidence;
- examine the attitudes that are supportive of using research evidence in health system decision-making;
- develop and practice their skills in acquiring, assessing, adapting and applying research evidence;
- receive ongoing feedback from Forum faculty throughout the week, as well as opportunities to book one-on-one mentoring sessions; and
- prepare a high-quality summary of the available research evidence on a topic they are actively working on in their own organizations.
"Any advice to my boss will [now] be evidence based…” - testimonial from a policymaker who attended an international workshop delivered to staff from a Ministry of Health in the Middle-East.
Training workshops are open for individual registrations on a first-come basis. The fee is $2480 ($530 for the online component plus $1,950 for the 5-day session – all prices shown are in Canadian dollars).
For registrations after April 7, please contact email@example.com